What is Point to Point
· Point to Point is a series in which each month (or so) an individual from Canadian orienteering chooses who they would like to interview. The interviewee goes on to become next month’s interviewer.
· Point to Point is a fun experiment. The experiment is to see how long the chain of interviews can continue and how it will evolve over time
· The goal is that the chain will be organic, having a life of its own and requiring no outside intervention
· Share stories and history related to Canadian orienteering
· Share personal tips and insights into racing, coaching, and/or organizing events.
· Interviewer (the person doing the interviewing)
o find an person to interview who:
§ is interesting,
§ is willing to meet all interviewee obligations (especially the obligation to keep the chain going!).
o Make up a number (say, six to eight) of interesting and fun questions
o Conduct and record the interview (can be by email, in person, via Skype, etc)
o Create a written record of the interview suitable for the Point to Point blog and Orienteering Canada newsletter, including pictures and maps provided by the interviewee
o Add a photo of yourself to the written record.
o Review the written record with the interviewee
o Publish the written record to the Point to Point blog
· Interviewee (person being interviewed)
o answer the interview questions
o submit images – at least a photo of yourself, plus other relevant images such as photos or maps
o review final article draft
o MOST IMPORTANT:
§ Commit to doing an interview within 4 weeks
Don’t be the person whose interviewee breaks the chain!